cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Checking value of specific character in form response -- Possible?

All,

Looking for some guidance on the best way to accomplish a request if it is possible, maybe I'm making it too complicated. 

Scenario: We have employees that drive vehicles every day as part of their job function. At the beginning of their shift employees fill out a O365 form with their vehicle ID, mileage, and essentially just indicate there is no damage on the vehicle or add comments if there is damage. What I would like to do is set up a flow that sends e-mail reminders to a specific person whenever 5,000 miles have elapsed to notify them that a specific vehicle requires routine maintenance.

Initially I thought about checking if a number is divisible by the maintenance interval, but that would only work if they filled out the form when the vehicle hits exactly a 5,000 mile increment. I also thought about using a contains to accomplish this with wildcards such as when milage contains 5*** but that doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

hi @WO1  what I suggest you is create a sharepoint list to save in a column the 5,000 miles data. Then create another flow schedule that reviews svery day your data and if is equals to 5,000 miles then notify.

like this

scheud.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Thank you for the suggestion. I thought about doing that, however the challenge in that is that it would only trigger if the vehicle mileage is at exactly a multiple of 5,000 when entered correct? So if the mileage was 5,001 or 15,1012 then the trigger would not fire. Is that correct?

mmm no friend @WO1  what you need to contition trigger please follow this article

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Power-Automate-Trigger-Conditions-...

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (20,743)