cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WO1
Helper I
Helper I

Checking value of specific character in form response -- Possible?

All,

Looking for some guidance on the best way to accomplish a request if it is possible, maybe I'm making it too complicated. 

Scenario: We have employees that drive vehicles every day as part of their job function. At the beginning of their shift employees fill out a O365 form with their vehicle ID, mileage, and essentially just indicate there is no damage on the vehicle or add comments if there is damage. What I would like to do is set up a flow that sends e-mail reminders to a specific person whenever 5,000 miles have elapsed to notify them that a specific vehicle requires routine maintenance.

Initially I thought about checking if a number is divisible by the maintenance interval, but that would only work if they filled out the form when the vehicle hits exactly a 5,000 mile increment. I also thought about using a contains to accomplish this with wildcards such as when milage contains 5*** but that doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @WO1  what I suggest you is create a sharepoint list to save in a column the 5,000 miles data. Then create another flow schedule that reviews svery day your data and if is equals to 5,000 miles then notify.

like this

scheud.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Thank you for the suggestion. I thought about doing that, however the challenge in that is that it would only trigger if the vehicle mileage is at exactly a multiple of 5,000 when entered correct? So if the mileage was 5,001 or 15,1012 then the trigger would not fire. Is that correct?

mmm no friend @WO1  what you need to contition trigger please follow this article

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Power-Automate-Trigger-Conditions-...

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,850)