cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taye99

Choose Who to CC Based on Form Response

Hi all,

This is actually my first time ever using Power Automate so sorry if I seem a little ignorant on things. I work for an HVAC company and I have to create a form for our techs to use as their close out notes (the notes they send to the Dispatch shared mailbox when they finish a job). Everything was going great but I ran into two problems, one with including attachments within the email without opening SharePoint and one with copying other people/mailboxes on the email. We don't have time to manually open SharePoint and find each attachment nor do we have time to manually forward close out emails to the proper addresses, so if I can't solve these two the whole project is a no go (I was going to ask about the attachments in a separate post).

225.PNG

251.PNG

As you can see above, there is a question in the notes for the technicians to choose who to include in their close out notes. Right now they already do so simply by copying that person in their close out email. I'm using the "Send an Email V2" in my flow since all of our work emails are on outlook so the form response can be sent directly from the tech's email. So, I was wondering if there was a way to enter a dynamic content link in the "To" or "CC" field so other people or shared mailboxes can be copied in the form response email. I used names in the picture above since all of our names are in the organizations contact book but I can use our email addresses too. I tried putting a dynamic content link in the cc field already for that question (also included a screenshot of that) and that didn't work, the formatting was wrong which resulted in an error. I was expecting it to show in just plain text with semicolons which is why I expected it to work, I'm not sure if there is a way to do that.

Thank you in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
mahoneypat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If you can use email addresses in your choice question, you should get a semi-colon separated list in the response details that you can use directly in the To/Cc of the email. If you use the exact display names, Outlook may also pick those up (but I didn't confirm).

Regards,

Pat

Thank you! I'll try that out at work tomorrow using just the emails instead of the display names.

So I tried to change all the options to emails instead of display names and I am still having the same problem. The choices show up as a bracketed list instead of emails separated by semicolons, which causes the whole flow to fail. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (37,156)