Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
suzinger
Level: Powered On

Click Button in PowerApps to Email Sharepoint List

Hello Everyone!

This is my first time using Flow/Power Automate (never even heard of it before we switched to Office365!).  A user in the Power Apps community was kind enough to send me the link to the template to "Click Power Apps Button to Send Email for SharePoint".  The template was pretty self-explanatory and I was able to create the flow and even add it to the OnSelect of my button.  

I did a test and the status of the Flow is "succeeded"; however, I did not receive an email.

I downloaded the .csv file and noticed that the "Send_an_email-status" is "Skipped' (Am I correct in assuming that means the Flow "skipped" that part?!).  Any advice on what I did wrong, or neglected to do?

The OnSelect for my test button is:  FlowName.Run(TestButton)

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
PowerBack19
Level 8

Re: Click Button in PowerApps to Email Sharepoint List

@suzinger - It looks like the template is using the Outlook action to send the email. Do you have your mail set up with your Office 365 subscription? Which account are you using to send out the email? Did the email end up in your Spam folder (if your mail is set up in Office 365)?

suzinger

Hello @PowerBack19!  Thank you for reviewing my question and taking the time to respond!

We have Office 365 Business Essentials.  I use Outlook on the web.  I have a Junk folder (no Spam) which I checked.

PowerBack19
Level 8

@suzinger Does the "To" field contain an email address? If you are referencing a prior action step, be sure the email address is correct in the output before utilizing it in the "To" field for the "Send an email" action for Outlook.

As a test, manually input an email address in the "To" field, and enter dummy text in the email body. This is a simple test to see if the email goes out.

suzinger

Hi @PowerBack19!  I did the test you suggested but still did not receive an email.

I have attached a screen shot of my Flow if that provides any additional information.

Thank you!Screen Shot.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,272)