cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Clone Solution issue

So silly me, I had assumed that "clone a solution" would, well you know, clone the solution making a copy of evereything that I could then edit without affecting the production system.

But no, instead what it appears to have done is renamed my solution as I cannot find the original. Why Microsoft decided to make this so difficult is beyond me! 

So my questions and panic is now this:

1) Is there just a simple way to undo what has been done?

2) Will all the flows  continue as before?

3) Can I just rename the solution by deleting the word - TEST that is now added to it (and the flow's inside as well)

4) is there just a very simple and fast way for me to create a copy of a solution without all this exporting and importing stuff that requires 1000 mouse clicks?

My end goal is just to simply make a copy of the production flows and powerapp, and re-aim them to point at the test database.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Clone Solution issue

1) Clone a solution rolls up the base solution and any patches into a v.next - it doesn't copy the solution like you found out

2) Yes, solutions just reference components cloning it did nothing to the components it contains

3)  Yes, click settings and rename to prior name

4)  Ideally you would have at least two or three environments and you wouldn't copy in the same environment you would promote from dev - > test - > production - I would start here where you will find some more details - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/alm/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

1) Clone a solution rolls up the base solution and any patches into a v.next - it doesn't copy the solution like you found out

2) Yes, solutions just reference components cloning it did nothing to the components it contains

3)  Yes, click settings and rename to prior name

4)  Ideally you would have at least two or three environments and you wouldn't copy in the same environment you would promote from dev - > test - > production - I would start here where you will find some more details - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/alm/

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply @DavidYack 

Unfortunately we use SQL Server on site, so I have to build around a On Prem Data Gateway.

It appears you can only have gateways in your default environment. So as soon as I try to develop in a test/dev environment I have no access to a data gateway to use my test SQL Server. 

This seems really idiotic to be quite honest.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@PAM-thrive- literally just did the exact same thing as yourself from your original post.

Did you manage to find a workaround? I'm the same as you, I just wanted to create a copy of my solution in the same environment and rename from DEV to UAT

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,247)