cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JordanW12
Frequent Visitor

Cloning a Sharepoint List from another List using REST API

Hey all,

Bit of a weird one,  I'm still relatively new to the Power Suite, but learning real quick. I have a bit of a strange requirement, I want to be able to create a Sharepoint list from another (Essentially copy all the columns kinda like a template) using REST API. 
I could essentially do the same thing by creating fields within a REST API and filling the columns like that. However, I do want to be able to add and/or remove columns, so I don't particularly want to be jumping in and out of the flow editor.

I've tried to use the POST method and 'GetByTitle' Uri, however having very little luck. I think I have gotten close a few times but with no luck. The below is what I consider the closest I've gotten (it ends up just renaming the List). Copying the items is not required at all, just the columns and their data type.

JordanW12_0-1663478847267.png

1 REPLY 1
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @JordanW12,

Just approaching this a bit differently from a design point of view? Can't you create a Content type once and just assign that to your copied list?

This way you only have to create the columns once and even the maintenance becomes easier. Future updates can be done in one place (Content type gallery in the SharePoint admin center) and republished to all sites with lists using this content type. 

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,881)