cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gsr51

Collecting Microsoft Form responses to SharePoint List

When creating a SharePoint list to collect responses from a Microsoft Form what's the best way to handle fields from the Microsoft Form which has a column with multiple select choices?

For example, a question I have in the form is...

Select all items that this project includes:

_ Software

_ Database

_ Operating System

_ Network Components

_ Development Code

In the Microsoft Form the responses to this question are all checkboxes allowing multiple choices.  

My question is, in the SharePoint list do I create a simple text column to store for the flow to store the response in or do I create a choice column with all the same choices as the form has? Which is better?

Thanks

-Greg

1 REPLY 1
PURNA429
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @gsr51 ,

This is a generic question and there might be couple of scenarios/options to decide this. But as per my view :

Single line of Text column :

• If you use text column, when the user selects multiple options, you need to save them in to SharePoint list by using a delimiter like comma separated or colon (;) separated . For example : Software; Database etc to differentiate one with other. 
  • Also, this doesn't support filtering based on a single value.

If Choice field with multiple options  :

• The choice field by default it has that functionality of adding delimiter between the options.
  • Easy for filtering the options and can filter based on a single value like below :

ChoiceFilter.png

So I would recommend a choice field in this case.

If I answered your question, please mark this question as answered and if you liked my response, please give a thumbs up .

Thanks

Purna

My Bolg 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (53,234)