cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpwaus2021

Combine Excel Tables in Power Automate

I'm trying to combine the following tables:

jpwaus2021_0-1657203693720.png

I want to take each job ID value (ID) from the left and right tables and join where they match.

For example, ID = 5 will produce a row on a third table with the columns "ID", "Name", "Sales", "Opening", "Hiree Name", and "Skill Level".

This seems like a relatively straightforward process but I can't seem to figure it out.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
takolota
Super User
Super User

Use the Excel List rows action on the table that contains all the possible ids.

(If different tables include different ids, then you’ll need to combine the list of ids from each in an array and use the Union( ) expression to remove duplicates.)

Then start an Apply to each loop on the list of values that includes all the possible ids.

In the Apply to each, do a Get row action on the 2nd table to pull in the data for the same id as that loop iteration.

Then you can use a Create row action for the 3rd table & input the dynamic content from either the main List rows action or from the 2nd table’s Get row action to form the new combined row in the 3rd table.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
takolota
Super User
Super User

Use the Excel List rows action on the table that contains all the possible ids.

(If different tables include different ids, then you’ll need to combine the list of ids from each in an array and use the Union( ) expression to remove duplicates.)

Then start an Apply to each loop on the list of values that includes all the possible ids.

In the Apply to each, do a Get row action on the 2nd table to pull in the data for the same id as that loop iteration.

Then you can use a Create row action for the 3rd table & input the dynamic content from either the main List rows action or from the 2nd table’s Get row action to form the new combined row in the 3rd table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,692)