Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmason
Helper III
Helper III

Comments showing in list

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way I can make the comments that approvers leave visible in the SP List that my Approval Flow is working off of?

I tried creating a column for Comments but the two don't appear to be tied together.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

I believe you are asking if the comments approvers make when using an Approval action and the approval center can be added to a SharePoint list.  If so, the answer is yes.

Below is a simple example where I selected "anyone from the assigned list".

The Flow runs when a new item is created in a SharePoint list.

The SharePoint list has a text column for called "Approval Decision" and a multiline text column call Approver Comment.

After the approval completes  I update the SharePoint list and add the Approver Comments column with the "Comments" from the "Start an Approval" dynamic properties.

ApprovalComments.jpg

Please not that if "all of the approvers" had been selected for the approval action, this Flow would be slightly different.

If this solves your issue, please indicate that your questeion is Solved.

If this does not answer your question, please provide additional details.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kmason,

Could you please share more details about your sharepoint list?

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuation of your flow?

You could add a Single line type column "Approver comment" on the sharepoint list,and create a flow as below:

Capture.PNG

When an item is created, and the approver have made a response to the request, the flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

The item would be updated with comments as below:

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice

Hello, @kmason!

Have you had a chance to apply @v-yuazh-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

I have not. Like so many other things, that got pushed to the back burner. Hopefully try it out today or tomorrow to see if it will work as a solution for me.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (4,665)