Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Common parameters for a custom connector

Hello everyone,

I am creating a custom connector for my service. There are few common parameters that is used in all triggers and actions. Is there a way to get these parameters while creating a connection in flow and reuse it whenever required for the actions and triggers?

I see an option "References" in the custom connector definition that might be useful. But there is no option to add a parameter? please suggest. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Common parameters for a custom connector

Hi @Dinesh 

While creating the action for a specific request, you can add the parameters directly in the url when the request is created as "Import from Sample" and this way it will add them in parameters, if you will go inside each parameter, there is property for default value which will be used when this parameters is not passed while calling the action.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Common parameters for a custom connector

Thanks @yashag2255 

I have added these parameters in the URL with {} and user can enter them in the flow. Since these parameters are common for all the actions and triggers of the connector for a particular user, if the user wants to use an action 3 times in the flow then user has to enter the same parameters (same value) 3 times. Is there a way to save these common parameters and pass it to the other actions of the connector internally? By this way user dont have to repeat the same entries again.

Btw, what is the "References"option? How can i add/test this option?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (8,038)