cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tianaranjo
Level 8

Compare column names in SP list and library

I have a Powerapp used to enter evaluations.  When the user enters an evaluation, a Flow is set to create a folder in a SP library and that folder is named the same as the list item.  Once the folder is created, the link to the folder is written back to the list item.  Because I haven't been able to figure out how to change the name of the folder if the name of the list item is changed, the user cannot edit the list item fileName.  If they fat finger the fileName entry, they must delete and create a new entry. 

So, to my question, there will be times when they have deleted list item but not the folder that corresponds.  Is there a way to write a flow report that will compare the two fileName columns and highlight items that do not have a match so we can go back and manually delete the folders where the list item had been deleted?

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Compare column names in SP list and library

Hi @tianaranjo,

Could you please share a bit more about the evaluations that you mentioned?

Could you please share a screesshot of your flow's configuration?

How do you create a folder within your SharePoint library?

Further, could you please show a bit more about the list item which mentioned as below?

@tianaranjo wrote:

I have a Powerapp used to enter evaluations.  When the user enters an evaluation, a Flow is set to create a folder in a SP library and that folder is named the same as the list item

If you could provide more details about your scenario, I would provide a proper solution for you.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 192 members 5,066 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: