cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Complete Outlook Task when Planner Task assigned to me is completed

Hi,

There is an existing solution to create an Outlook Task when Planner Task is assigned to me.
Is there any way to get the same Outlook Task completed when the respective Planner Tasks was clicked completed?
I tried to add actions on the existing template ''Create a task in Outlook Tasks when a Planner task is assigned to me'' and never reach to the result we want. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@JeDusso 

There probably needs to be some kind of intermediary step connecting the Outlook Task ID to the Planner Task ID first.

In your flow that creates the Outlook Task, maybe add a step that writes the Planner and Outlook Task ID's to a spreadsheet table or SharePoint list.

Then, in your other flow which is triggered when a Planner task is completed, you can reference that list to get the Outlook Task ID and mark it as complete.  This is all theory, but should work and will probably get you a little closer.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (8,756)