cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Concurrency Control A Good IDea with Large SharePoint List?

I have a flow that can create up to 3,500 SharePoint tasks in one "Apply to Each" (it has to create 7 tasks, Monday through Sunday) for 500 entities).

I'm leery of using the Concurrency control since this is a SharePoint Online list and it can take up to 3 minutes to delete 100 items from this large list (it holds up to 950,000 items and there are 15 fields in each item, one of which can be an extensive multi-line notes field). 

Does anyone have experience with using Concurrency in an "Apply to each" that can create so many tasks? I'm afraid that hitting the SharePoint list with so many writes at once would make it skip records or hang up. However, it would be nice to make the flow run faster by perhaps setting the concurrency to 10?

concurrency.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Concurrency Control A Good IDea with Large SharePoint List?

The apply to each is limited to 5000 iterations (100.000 in Flow plan 1)

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Correct, but that's not what I'm asking. In my Flow, each "Apply to Each" can create up to 3,500 SharePoint items, so the 5,000 limit is not an issue. The issue is:

How many "Create Item" commands can a SharePoint list deal with concurrently? 

I assume that a SharePoint list can't handle 3,500 simultaneous commands to "Create Item". But is it safe to ask it to create 20 concurrently. Note that the SharePoint list can have as many as 950,000 items in it.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kbirstein1,

Maybe you could take a try to set the concurrency to 10,20,and 50.

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (7,399)