cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Condition Containing Wildcard String

I have a Flow that auto-replies when a new email is received, excluding certain conditions. The condition is if the sender (From) contains the following, do not send a reply:

• donotreply
  • do-not-reply
  • noreply
  • no-reply
  • etc

I have a Condition using OR where it checks if it contains each of those variations, I am wondering if there is a way to simplify it to something like "*no*reply"

The mailbox the Flow is applied to gets emails from 100s of vendors so I'm trying to simplify the condition and not update it as new variations appear.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@itsmeqp 

No expressions available for wildcard matching

However you could use the contains expression function to check if the from contains both "no" and "reply" - but this is not a wild card match

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

You could use an array variable containing all the bad addresses to check - makes it easier in the future if you want to add more values to the list!

The following is a rough and ready checker. (Note - I could combine a lot of this into fewer steps - but it is a little easier to follow!

Stan

p1.jpgP2.jpgP3.jpgp4.jpg

Highlighted

Hi @itsmeqp,

you can create a distribution list with no members  "noreply@yourdomain.com" and send as this DL.

Then you do not need to analyze the addresses of ingoing messages at all, as any message delivered to "noreply@yourdomain.com" will just disappear.

I understood you want to prevent reply-to reply scenario. My recommendation is: reply to any message as "noreply@yourdomain.com".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,844)