cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inubaranaz
Frequent Visitor

Condition Not Working to Send Email

Hi all,

I need an email to be sent when an item is updated to a specific status, for example when the status equals 'Ready for Coordinator Review'. I set a simple flow so far:

inubaranaz_0-1616689549225.png

But it is not working. Each time I run the flow, when it should be true it returns the condition as false. I am not sure what I need to update but I was thinking it should be a more straightforward flow. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisMendoza
Resolver III
Resolver III

Try as below, replace /Choice & 'Choice 1' with your values:

image.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisMendoza
Resolver III
Resolver III

Are you comparing the output value to an expression rather than text? You should be comparing the same data types. Try simply typing the Text rather than an expression.

Hi I did try that as well, however even this configuration isn't working:

The email does not get triggered (sent) even when the conditions are met.

inubaranaz_0-1616696538088.png

ChrisMendoza
Resolver III
Resolver III

Try as below, replace /Choice & 'Choice 1' with your values:

image.png

View solution in original post

@ChrisMendoza thanks for the suggestion but it's still not working. Could it be a bug?

On the item that I updated it returned as false even though it was true.

inubaranaz_1-1616702539872.png

inubaranaz_2-1616702609821.png

kensley
Resolver I
Resolver I

It could be how your email process is configured to work, (i.e. are you using your personal email account, or a company wide one?) stuff like that matters.  Depending on how you have your email configured within your action also matters.

The good news is if you run your app, Power Automate does a pretty good job of telling you it failed.  And if it did, track down the error.  That's the best way to get started.

inubaranaz
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

So this may have been and issue with the choice column in the list. I changed it to a "toggle" then back to a "dropdown" once I did that @ChrisMendoza 's solution worked. This was strange behavior. But it's working now! Thanks so much for the help!

That's terrific!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,175)