cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ali_Cabral
Frequent Visitor

Condition failing on what seems a simple conditon

So I am working on a flow where I am getting a value from the task id (not relevant but the task ID is '1234- Four letters'.

Within this the number could be a five digit in the future so I want to future proof it and have a condition which searches where the dash is and then decide what to do depending on this. 

What you see in the variable "where is the dash" is the value that shows where the dash is placed in the string giving a value of 4 (I am a aware I don't need to initialise a variable for this but did it see what the output is). If the output of Dash Location is 5 then this means that there are 5 numbers and then a dash so I have put that as the condition.

get task id value.PNG

However I get the below error. This seems quite an obvious if and can't see where I am going wrong other than it being a bug. Please help if you can!  Error doesn't show anything as in the condition but as below.

test and failure.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Korosensei,  Apologies did not realise as you went further down it gave more information and yous saw the error at the higher level of the condition. The problem was that I was using a string integer in a greater than or equal to.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

Which sequence of action blocks do you have on your Condition 'false' branch?

Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi Korosensei,  Apologies did not realise as you went further down it gave more information and yous saw the error at the higher level of the condition. The problem was that I was using a string integer in a greater than or equal to 

Hi Korosensei,  Apologies did not realise as you went further down it gave more information and yous saw the error at the higher level of the condition. The problem was that I was using a string integer in a greater than or equal to.

View solution in original post

No need to apologize!

"Si hay un muro que un estudiante no pueda escalar... Entonces es el turno del profesor"

I've just marked your answer as Solution. Congrats!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (43,996)