cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoGorilla
Helper III
Helper III

Condition in Power Automate returning true when it should be false and vice versa

I have a flow with the following logic:

If EmployeeType is not equal to Contractor/Staff Aug is true Do Condtion A, else Do Condition B. When I have it set to NOT EQUAL TO and the Employee Type is Contractor/Staff Aug the result is true so it goes to the Yes leg of the condition when it should have returned false and gone the other direction.  In my example below, I set the condition to IS EQUAL TO.  It returns false even though my field is set to Contractor/Staff Aug.  Is there a known issue out there or is there something I am missing?  This is driving me crazy.

OnboardingFlowCondition.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@GoGorilla 

In your condition, you should select EmployeeType Value rather than EmployeeType if this is a choice column.  Also, note that Flow string comparisons are case sensitive.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @GoGorilla 

Add a compose above the IF condition and map the Employee type column. Run the Flow and check the history. See what value is returned. Remember comparisons are case sensitive.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@GoGorilla 

In your condition, you should select EmployeeType Value rather than EmployeeType if this is a choice column.  Also, note that Flow string comparisons are case sensitive.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@abm  Thank you for your quick reponse.  The following is what I am getting after a run in "When an item is created or modified".  It should be the same data as if I were to add a Compose.  I have copied and pasted the value in as well as added it as free text.  If it were a case issue, it wouldn't run the condition as opposite of what it should.  It would just run as false.

EmpTypeItemCreatedMod.png

abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @GoGorilla 

Glad that you found the answer. Form the original post as you haven't mentioned about the type of column so that's the reason I was asking for a compose to map it. Looks like your original mapping were wrong. Thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,396)