Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vaishalivyas1
Level: Powered On

Condition is not working in ms flows

Hi,

I am writing flow using "CDS" connector and "When record is selected" trigger and we are taking user input as well in that.

When we are using condition action to check if the user input value is equal to something it always returens false. I also tried contains it is not helping.

for testing to check what value is coming in user input text field I set that value to description field and value is coming properly in that.

1.png2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SamPo
Level 10

Re: Condition is not working in ms flows

@vaishalivyas1 try it without the quotes around the text in the condition. Flow automatically puts any string value in quotes for you.

You can take a closer look at the exact condition it uses by using the 'peek code' option

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SamPo
Level 10

@vaishalivyas1 try it without the quotes around the text in the condition. Flow automatically puts any string value in quotes for you.

You can take a closer look at the exact condition it uses by using the 'peek code' option

View solution in original post

vaishalivyas1

Hi @SamPo 

After removing the quotes I am getting error. flow is failing. 

Error:

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException: Does not support untyped value in non-open type.\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.DeserializationHelpers.ApplyProperty(ODataProperty property, IEdmStructuredTypeReference resourceType, Object resource, ODataDeserializerProvider deserializerProvider, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.ApplyStructuralProperties(Object resource, ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n   at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.CrmODataEntityDeserializer.ApplyStructuralProperties(Object resource, ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.ReadResource(ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.ODataMediaTypeFormatter.ReadFromStream(Type type, Stream readStream, HttpContent content, IFormatterLogger formatterLogger)",
  "source": "equalityamsandbox.crm.dynamics.com",
  "errors": [],
  "debugInfo": "clientRequestId: baee60e2-1b5b-4939-a312-cd99d0f133e0"
}

3.png

and on that condition option to select peek code is off. 

SamPo
Level 10

@vaishalivyas1 Looks like the condition worked but now one of the items inside the 'yes' branch are causing your flow to fail. Can you post a screenshot of your 'create prospect healthcare deal' action in edit mode and any related expressions.

vaishalivyas1

Yes. I resolved that, I tried by removing fields in that to identify what was causing issue. 

Thanks @SamPo . 

SamPo
Level 10

@vaishalivyas1 You're welcome.

If you found it helpful then please mark my response as a solution to help others in the future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,504)