cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power_Automater
Resolver I
Resolver I

Connecting a SharePoint List Calendar with Outlook

I have a Sharepoint list with a bunch of event related data. I understand it is possible to do a Calendar view in Lists, but I am wondering if there is a way instead to use a Calendar in Outlook to display these events? Would this require Power Automate to constantly send the data from the List to the Outlook Calendar or is there another way?

4 REPLIES 4
ThamiMtombeni
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Power_Automater ,

Please take a look on this link below .
https://blog.virtosoftware.com/how-to-add-sharepoint-calendar-to-outlook/

If I resolved your issue .Please mark my reply in order for other people can get help

Hi @ThamiMtombeni , thank you for that but unfortunately those steps look to be for a SharePoint webpart calendar, whereas I am looking to add a SharePoint List to Outlook. The only thing similar to this I can see is if I open the list in SharePoint classic view, there is a button called "Connect to Outlook" but it is greyed out for me. Will this same workflow work for a SharePoint list? If so I will see if I can get this button enabled.

mkucan
Frequent Visitor

Did you find a resolution. I was wondering the same thing. i.e. Connect a SharePoint event list to outlook calendar.

The best way I've found was to create a new calendar in outlook (that way you have the required permissions), and use Power Automate to create events in this calendar based on what ever trigger you like eg. when new item created in list. To keep it in sync you need to create another flow to update the calendar event, but you will need to make sure you store some kind of id of the calendar event so that the flow knows which to update in the calendar. It works but is a bit fiddly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,125)