cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connection Security: Can other users access my connections

I am evaluating some other products for integrations and one of them had a concept where all connections were basically accessible from all other users on the team. 

This worries me pretty heavily as I don't want User A to be able to write a recipe using User B's credentials.

Does Flow allow other users to see and use connections they did not create?

i.e Are all connections personal to the creator?

I logged into my company account for Flow, and saw another persons connection in my connections bin. So that makes me wonder if other users can now see and use my personal connections I added.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Connection Security: Can other users access my connections

@Anonymous - The flows should be listed under "My Flows" or "Team Flows". If they are under Team Flows and there are multiple owners (users or Office 365 Group), then these owners can update the flow.

If there is a System Admin for Power Automate that can access the Power Automate Admin Center (https://admin.flow.microsoft.com/), they can see all flows in any environment. They can also turn on/off flows.

Another thing to review are your DLP (Data Loss Prevention) policies in the Power Platform Admin Center (https://admin.powerapps.com/apiPolicies). You can set up policies that govern which connectors can be used or not, and for which environments.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Connection Security: Can other users access my connections

Hi @Anonymous 

Also, note that this differs from trigger to trigger. For example, 

1. If you use a Power Apps control to trigger the flow, it will consider the current logged in users connection for all the actions. 

2. If you use a manual trigger and share the flow, you can configure whose connection the actions in the flow should be using and etc. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (4,544)