cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atp
Frequent Visitor

Connectors not recognizing existing Flow for Office 365 License

I have users who are licensed for Microsoft Flow via the Microsoft Flow for Office 365 license.  

Hello,  

We are having an issue with some user accounts where it seems like in use Flow doesn't recognize that users are already licensed.  Hoping someone might have a suggestion on how I can fix this.

The scenario is that we have users who have Office 365 E5 accounts and therefore are licensed for Flow for Office 365.  Everything looks in order on the licensing / assignments but whenever the user tries to use the system it tries to push them into a trial account.

If I generate the CSV I see the account is licensed:

CSV-Flow.png

On the https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/ page when signed in as the user account it shows Microsoft Flow for Office 365 as the current plan:

CurrentPlan-Flow.png

However, when the user tries to connect to any connector (tried with Outlook, OneDrive and SharePoint Connectors) they get asked to start a free trial:

Trial-Flow.png

Does anyone have any suggestion on what I need to do so that when actually trying to use Flow it recognizes that the user is already licensed instead of trying to push them into a trial?

Thanks,

Greg

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @atp,

How did you assign licenses to users?

Please make sure you have given the users the access to Microsoft Flow for Office 365.

Here is a doc on Flow in your organization, please check it for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/organization-q-and-a

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
atp
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-yamao-msft,

The way I have them assigned is as follows. 

In the admin portal, I have expanded Office 365 Enterprise E5 without Audio Conferencing and made sure that Flow for Office 365 is turned on

Assignment-Flow.png

Like I have in the screenshot of the original post flow does seem to recognize it by showing Microsoft Flow for Office 365 as the current plan on the https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/ page where the user is signed in from.  The problem seems to be isolated to usage - when the user attempts to use Flow that is the first indication there is an issue - when it tries to force the user into a trial despite already being licenesed.  

Thanks,

Greg

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,848)