cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D_Edmonds1
Frequent Visitor

Constant error with Update a Row

Good morning all, 

I am having a headache getting a spreadsheet to "Update a Row" following a task. Everything I have tried keeps giving me the same error message back.

Error MessageError Message

I have set up my sheet to have a Unique ID but still nothing works.

Data SheetData Sheet

What I am looking for is for the flow (using a switch) to pull the "Pending" rows, create the correct contract type and then update the row to show "Issued" so it doesn't re-send the same contracts each time.

I have set this up on a different sheet before and it worked but have no idea what I have done differently this time.

Can anyone advise as to why I cannot get the cells to update? (if it helps, they are also drop down lists in the sheet, but I have tested without the dropdown and it still didn't update!!)

Top of FlowTop of FlowUpdate a Row Set UpUpdate a Row Set Up

Thank you all.

David

8 REPLIES 8
Jcook
Super User
Super User

Hello,

What is the ID column in excel formatted as?

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

D_Edmonds1
Frequent Visitor

Hi Josh.

The cell is set as General.

I have used both numbers and a Concat text to generate the ID. Nothing seems to be working! Same error every time.

Hello,

Try adding a excel action ‘add a key column to a table’ shape.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

D_Edmonds1
Frequent Visitor

not fully sure I understand. Are you able to provide a visual aid on this?

Hello @D_Edmonds1 

I am unable to replicate your issue, i have been trying for awhile now. Im starting to think there is an issue in your ID column. Maybe corruption or something.

In your post you mention that you have this working in another flow and sheet. Did you by chance copy & paste the column from the other sheet?

But since i am unable to recreate this error you are receiving. I would try and delete the ID column and re create it.

I hope this helps.

—Josh

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

D_Edmonds1
Frequent Visitor

I didn't copy and paste it, it was created separately. I have also tried using a different column as the ID. still no joy.

Hi @D_Edmonds1 

Could you post a picture of what the output is of your List Rows Present in Table.

Thanks

—Josh

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

D_Edmonds1
Frequent Visitor

Capture 12.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,485)