cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Content Type in Document Library

Hi,

I have a custom content type on a document library, How can I select File Content-Type in Power Automate when creating a file? 

I have added on document type content-type in the document library so I can create an excel file out of that master file but in Power Automate I cannot specify that I need to create this type of file, I can only set the extension of the file but it does not pull the custom content type file I associated in the doc library list.

Thanks,

-Sal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found out after creating a file I need to update its properties in order to set a custom content-type set on the doc library.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @Sal 

Could you provide some screenshots to help explain your issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Create New Item in 2010 workflow and in Power Automate. In 2010 I see Content-Type Id that I cannot set in Power Automate workflow.

Create an Item 2010.PNG

Create a File PA.PNG

I found out after creating a file I need to update its properties in order to set a custom content-type set on the doc library.

View solution in original post

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Sal 

Is your problem now solved then?

If so please mark your post as a solution.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Regular Visitor

Hi @Sal ,

Could you please share some details on how to associate the cotent type once file got createad in the library. 

I do have similar requirements and I am able to create the file but still not sure how to update the content type. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (92,204)