cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaynaLitherland
Helper I
Helper I

Contribution step in Microsoft Flow (with PowerApps)

Hello All!

I'm very new to the Power Community, and I'm creating a flow process that sends off an approval form and gets information submitted to a PowerApp form.

I'd like to send off a notification / email to a user to complete part of the form on PowerApps. Once done, I'd like the process to continune to the next stage. The only way I can think to do this currently is by using the approval action, but really, there's only one output.

Can you suggest how best to achieve this, please?

Many thanks,

Dayna

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DaynaLitherland,

Could you please explain more details about your requirement?

You could also take a try with the "Send an email with options" action to see if your requirement could be achieved.

Best regards,

Alice

Hi Alice,

I'll take a look at the 'Send an email with options' and see if that works, thank you for the suggestion.

I've attached a workflow diagram in Visio that will explain my requirement further, but in effect, I want an activity to do "something" to be assigned to a person on the "EDI Costing Submission" task, but I want the workflow to remain on this activity before progressing to "Sales Director Approval" as the approval task requires the information to be available on the previous task to be able to make an informed decision.

It isn't a condition yes/no output, it's a "I've done it" output, but I don't know how to make the workflow stop on the activity until the work is completed.

Hopefully that clarifies it?

Many thanks for your help,

Kind Regards,

Process Request Steps.jpgDayna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (22,316)