cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrittanyBrown

Convert Time Zone Error

I am working on a job to send a custom email to a specific user at a specific date/time. 

Here is my setup in Power Automate:

Convert Time Zone

Base Time: Sample Date/Time (dynamic content from an excel sheet formatted YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS)

Format String: Universal sortable date/time pattern [u]

Source Time Zone: UTC -05:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Destination Time Zone: UTC -05:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Here is the error I am getting: Evaluation of inputs for the expression action of kind 'ConvertTimeZone' failed: 'Required property 'baseTime' expects a value but got null. Path ''.'.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
kaitogoto
Microsoft
Microsoft

I suggest you compose a math function to add "Z" at the end of your base time. So it is formatted "YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SSZ".

When you say "at a specific date/time", do you mean Base, Source or Destination Time? Because depending on your answer to this, it may require you to convert/uncovert times from/to UTC.

Please accept this as a solution if solved. Please provide any error messages and the answer to my question if still not solved. Including a screenshot of your flow will be ideal. All the best!

I tried your suggestion and received the same error message as before. 

The email is supposed to be sent out at 7:00 AM EDT, the value in my spreadsheet is listed at 2021-06-07T07:00:00Z. I do have another similar Power Automate flow that works successfully.

@BrittanyBrown 

In you List Rows or Get Row action, try selecting ISO 8601 in the Date/Time format area (advanced options).

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thank you, Scott! I tried this and I am still getting the same error, it is failing on the step Convert Time Zone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,347)