cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mathieu_Milani

Convert an Excel Table to a new Excel Spreadsheet with a different table format.

Aloha All,

I was wondering if after auto-generated my forms to an excel spreadsheet I could transfer that table to a new spreadsheet into a different table layout and then send that spreadsheet to specific people via Outlook.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi!

If I understood properly, you wanna handle a custom excel worksheet different from the standard one that is created by Forms, right?

If so, yes, you can!

I would take this template as the basis...

https://emea.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/a8fe18d6de56498686db35d5cbde5a8a/tr...

...and adapt it accordingly to my needs.

So everytime a response is received you will add it to the new Excel worksheet table. Now, you can send an email notification everytime a response is received -approach#1-, or send a scheduled list of responses on a timely basis (once a day, once a week, etc...) -approach#2-.

Approach#1 can be implemented in the template based flow itself.

Approach#2 requires to implement a second, Scheduled flow (i.e. the trigger shall be 'Schedule trigger'), next read all excel table rows by means of 'List rows present in a table' action block, next convert them to an HTML table by means of 'Create HTML table' and assign its output to the body of your email notification, so if Outlook, 'Send an email V2' action block will do the magic.

Please note the repository you store the customized Excel worksheet can be either OneDrive (personal) or Sharepoint/OneDrive4Businness (professional). If you opt for OneDrivePersonal, you shall use 'Add a row into a table' and 'List rows present in a table' from 'Excel online (Onedrive)' connector; but if you opt for Sharepoint/OneDrive4Businness you shall use 'Add a row into a table' and 'List rows present in a table' from 'Excel online (Business)' connector

Hope this makes sense

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Yes it is correct I want to take the Forms Excel template and each row to be transpose to my personal template custom made.

Would you be able to help me step by step since I am just discovering all those features.

@Mathieu_Milani 

I would suggest the opposite: please try to implement your Flow, if you find any blocking issue do not hesitate to share a screenshot from your flow design and we will try to suggest an appropriate workaround

Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Awesome I will prep something and get back to you.

We are able to create a new worksheet and add a row into the converted form table but we cant get a row to add it into the new worksheet that we generated. Any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,941)