cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masaustin
Frequent Visitor

Convert exvel to CSV UTF-8

Hello everyone,

I just create a flow to convert current excel value to csv file and it works, but I need it to be output in CSV UTF-8 format, is there any way it can be done??

csv.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

@masaustin 

Hi there.  I found a couple of options that might work depending on your comfort level and access:

1. It looks like we might be able to use Python to encode the csv to UTF-8, which means we can call an Azure Function to run that (maybe)...I'm not a dev, just putting together some things I've seen.
  2. I also found a similar solution using PowerShell - 
    Get-Content .\test.txt | Set-Content -Encoding utf8 test-utf8.txt
  3. Since you can do the conversion in Excel, also, this might be a good opportunity for a UI Flow.  You'd need it to run on a local machine, but it's a solution.

Let us know what you think of those.  Maybe there are some other ideas floating around.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

chanwulee
Advocate I
Advocate I

If your .csv file shows broken characters instead of Chinese, it is because the encoded file does not include BOM for UTF-8. So, please add 3 BOM characters as below. It will show the text normally in excel.

concat(uriComponentToString('%EF%BB%BF'),body('Create_CSV_table'))

Thanks for your reply, but after I add the 3 BOM characters, it still can't output correctly, seems nothing change in the contents.

masaustin_0-1634544201617.png

fawadSid

@masaustin  any update on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Users online (2,674)