cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masaustin
Frequent Visitor

Convert exvel to CSV UTF-8

Hello everyone,

I just create a flow to convert current excel value to csv file and it works, but I need it to be output in CSV UTF-8 format, is there any way it can be done??

csv.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

@masaustin 

Hi there.  I found a couple of options that might work depending on your comfort level and access:

1. It looks like we might be able to use Python to encode the csv to UTF-8, which means we can call an Azure Function to run that (maybe)...I'm not a dev, just putting together some things I've seen.
  2. I also found a similar solution using PowerShell - 
    Get-Content .\test.txt | Set-Content -Encoding utf8 test-utf8.txt
  3. Since you can do the conversion in Excel, also, this might be a good opportunity for a UI Flow.  You'd need it to run on a local machine, but it's a solution.

Let us know what you think of those.  Maybe there are some other ideas floating around.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

chanwulee
Advocate I
Advocate I

If your .csv file shows broken characters instead of Chinese, it is because the encoded file does not include BOM for UTF-8. So, please add 3 BOM characters as below. It will show the text normally in excel.

concat(uriComponentToString('%EF%BB%BF'),body('Create_CSV_table'))

Thanks for your reply, but after I add the 3 BOM characters, it still can't output correctly, seems nothing change in the contents.

masaustin_0-1634544201617.png

fawadSid

@masaustin  any update on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,583)