cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Convert number to text

Goodmorning everybody!

I am working on a challenging problem. I am implementing Dynamics 365 CE and I need to convert numbers (In a currency field) into letters (In a text field). I am trying to do it through MS Flow. I have done something like that:

When a record is created (Receipt)

Compose: input=Amount field

Compose 2: input= string(output('compose'))

Update a record

The step 3 isnt working. Right now, "20" is translated by... "20". I want here to translate "20" to "twenty".

Extra bonus points if it's translated in French!

What expression do you think I should use for my third step?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Loïs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Convert number to text

Hi!

For information, we have finally find an easiest way to do so.

We have created a Javascript, that trigger "OnChange" of the total amount. The Javascript convert the number into words and save it to another fields called "Total amount in Words".

Despite the -many- grammatical complexities of the french language, that was fairly easy to do so. THe process is now synchronous, which is an advantage for the end users.

Thanks for your help on that part!

Kind regards,

Loïs

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @LoisBarbassat 

I believe there is no direct way to translate a number to words in Flow. There is a way in PowerApps though and you can follow this blog for that. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/News-Announcements-Formerly/Number-to-word-conversion-tool/ba-p/...

You can also setup a custom connector and build an API to do this. A readily available API for this is here:

https://github.com/BitWeb/number-to-words-api

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Many thanks for your help!

This is actually very useful, I will dig that more in details,

Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi!

For information, we have finally find an easiest way to do so.

We have created a Javascript, that trigger "OnChange" of the total amount. The Javascript convert the number into words and save it to another fields called "Total amount in Words".

Despite the -many- grammatical complexities of the french language, that was fairly easy to do so. THe process is now synchronous, which is an advantage for the end users.

Thanks for your help on that part!

Kind regards,

Loïs

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,816)