cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masaustin
Frequent Visitor

Convert time zone date with invariant culture format

Hello everyone,

I wonder how to convert time zone and the invariant culture format at the same time?

For example, I'd like to convert UTC-5:00 to UTC+8:00, then convert the output format from (en-US) to (zh-TW), but there are only Standard Date and Time Format option in the "convert time zone" function, is there any other way it can be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@manuelstgomes Finally I found a special way to solve this problem by using Excel, share with you.

02.PNG

First I create a sheet with three columns, "Time" is for input, and set the date format at "Converted" and trans to text at the same time. 

works.PNG 

And I set the Flow:

1. use button to input date for testing =>instead of forms from my original Flow
  2. convert timezone and output in format [d]
  3. add the value into the "Time" column from excel
  4. get the value from "Converted" column
  5. output as skype message for testing =>instead of Sharepoint & Outlook from my original Flow
  6. delete the raw flow just created

Then I finally got the zh-TW date format generator I need! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @masaustin ,

There's a way to convert the format of the date that suits you by using the "Convert Timezone action".

small-Screenshot_2019-11-06_at_09_10_51.jpg

Or you can define your own format using the "Compose Action". You can use a formula like:

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'MM/dd/yyyy')

The language is based on the local preferences of the person running the Flow, but you can't force the translation to a specific language.

Hope this helps you.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Hi @manuelstgomes ,

Thanks for your reply, I've tried that before, even the option shows Chinese, but the output text still English: 

擷取.PNG

for example I choose the second option"[D]", then I got "Wednesday, November 6, 2019" not like the preview the option shows. 

Just like you said, it seems can't force the translation to a specific language, and that's exactly what I'm asking for.

Hi @masaustin 

It sucks I know. I tried to find an online API that you could use to achieve this but found none. Probably you'll be luckier.

Sorry for the bad news

Cheers
Manuel

@manuelstgomes Finally I found a special way to solve this problem by using Excel, share with you.

02.PNG

First I create a sheet with three columns, "Time" is for input, and set the date format at "Converted" and trans to text at the same time. 

works.PNG 

And I set the Flow:

1. use button to input date for testing =>instead of forms from my original Flow
  2. convert timezone and output in format [d]
  3. add the value into the "Time" column from excel
  4. get the value from "Converted" column
  5. output as skype message for testing =>instead of Sharepoint & Outlook from my original Flow
  6. delete the raw flow just created

Then I finally got the zh-TW date format generator I need! 

Hi @masaustin 

Awesome!!!! Well done.

Cheers
Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,605)