cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adriancristea
Frequent Visitor

Convert to PDF does NOT fail

Hi everyone,

I have a rather strange issue, but still an issue, hopefully someone else has encountered it. I am passing a HTML code from Power Apps to Power Automate and use the OneDrive for Business connector to convert the HTML to PDF. Obviously, there is the 2MB limitation, therefore I have added a branch for when the conversion fails. All good for probably around 50+ users. 

However, one of the users is passing a large HTML, but the action does not fail and the pdf created has System.Char[] (probably because is larger than 2MB). Why isn't the action failing so it can go to the other branch?

A few screenshots:

This is when the conversion fails, so it does work

adriancristea_0-1615569381041.png

But in this case, only for THIS user, it does not fail, although the size is way above 2MB

adriancristea_1-1615569505828.png

adriancristea_3-1615569662367.png

And this is what it's being created

adriancristea_4-1615569792788.png

Why, I cannot understand why?! Can anyone think of a reason, please?

Thank you.

Adi

3 REPLIES 3
PhilippeR
Resolver I
Resolver I

Seems to be an overflow somewhere in the convert control.

Got same result by passing a text file with more than 26 212 500 character around 25.599Ko.

You should maybe add a custom control on length of your convert file content.

Thank you, Philippe, you may be onto something here, this particular user is adding, unlike others, 50odd photos, so the HTML containing the base64 representation of the photos, is probably way larger than that 20m chars. 

Is this another limitation of the action? 

Edit: I think it may be this, will add a compose length function action too see if that's  the case

adriancristea_0-1616068667202.png

PhilippeR
Resolver I
Resolver I

worth it, maybe report this in the bug section of this forum

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,182)