cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrea4

Copy Excel Range as Image and Send in email body

Hello,

we have a report in Excel that is generated automatically and saved in OneDrive.

We'd like to create a Flow to automatically copy a range from the Excel file, with its formatting, and paste it as picture within a email body.

Currently this is done manually opening the file, copying and pasting as image...

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks!!

4 REPLIES 4

@andrea4 

Hi there.  So I know this wasn't the original scope, but I wanted to share a possible alternative...

Rather than trying to automate a screen capture, perhaps consider pushing the report through a different method.  Power BI, as an example, allows users to subscribe to reports and dashboards and get regular updates.  Here's a link to that:

Subscribe yourself and others to reports and dashboards in the Power BI service

If your scope doesn't allow for that kind of flexibility, then maybe a UI Flow?  Not sure...but my suggestion is to chase this upstream to see if you can change the reporting behavior a tiny bit to make it more accessible.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @andrea4 

I doubt you can do this using flow. 

Consider creating an Excel macro or add-in to do that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
meleu
Frequent Visitor

Hi Andrea4,

Did you find the solution? I have the same question as yours. 😞

Thank you,

Yutao
Microsoft
Microsoft

If you are interested, I have posted an solution to a similar question here: Re: Create flow from Excel and adding image/table - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com).

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,270)