cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Copy File Action - Access Denied Error

We have to copy file from source to destination on file modification.

Here is the screenshot of Flow.

Copy File Error.jpg

It is giving access denied error on copy file action for a single excel file.

We checked the user account that is configured on this Flow has full control access on both source and destination

Does this belongs to some content restrictions in Excel ? 

Error Message :

IM Renderer Page

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
  CallStack --    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleUnauthorizedAccessException(UnauthorizedAccessException ex, Boolean allowCompleteRequest)\r\n  
  at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetGroupsDataAsSafeArray(String bstrUrl, UInt32 dwGroupsScope, String bstrValue, UInt32 dwValue,
  UInt32& pdwColCount, UInt32& pdwRowCount, Object& pvarDataSet)\r\n   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGroup.InitMember()\r\n
  at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGroup..ctor(SPWeb web, SPSecurableObject scope, SPUser user, String GroupName, Object[,]
  arrGroupsData, UInt32 index, Int32 iByParamId, SPGroupCollectionType groupCollectionType, Nullable`1 maxFieldIndex)\r\n  
  at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGroupCollection.GetByIDNoThrow(Int32 id)\r\n   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGroupCollection.GetByID(Int32 id)\r\n  
  at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ExportObjectManager.AddUserGroupLookup(Int32 pid)\r\n  
  at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.SaveListItem(DataRow liData, String relation, String mvlRelation,
  SerializationInfo info, SPWeb parentWeb, ExportObjectManager objectManager)\r\n  
  at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.GetDataFromDataSet(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)\r\n  
  at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.DeploymentSerializationSurrogate.GetObjectData(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)\r\n
  at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.SerializeObject(Object obj, ISerializationSurrogate surrogate, String elementName, Boolean bNeedEnvelope)\r\n
  at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object topLevelObject)\r\n
  at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SPExport.SerializeObjects()\r\n   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SPExport.Run()\r\nclientRequestId:
  9ebfe42e-b163-4c22-8390-c0ae68286a25\r\nserviceRequestId: 803b9

Request to share what can  be done here. Anybody faced this issue earlier ??

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Copy File Action - Access Denied Error

Hi @manjotsingh057,

According to your description, I created a flow to copy file from source to destination when a file is modified in a folder. It worked fine, the file can be copied successfully.

1.PNG2.PNG

Per my certain research, the error message means that the user doesn’t have permission to complete the task.  The user may need ManageLists permission in order to perform this action, which is not part of the contributor role. Please check the permission on your side and try again with it.

If you are still having the issue, please feel free post back.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

@v-yamao-msft

We are running flows under a common generic account. It has full control on site as well as that particular library and file for which we got the error.

Flow runs successfully for other files in that same folder but failing for that particular excel file only.

We tried to download the file and upload it again. It failed everytime.

Is there any restriction on what content can be there in the file for it to get copied ???

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have used service account. Also i have given full control access to service account, still i am facing same issue. Please suggest.

Highlighted

my conception:

I had a Powerapps triggered flow which was meant to create/modify items in a SharePoint list. We have an account with full access and the flow was configured to use it as default connection, still, it was giving access denied error when it was trying to create the new item.

my solution:

I have changed the Powerapps trigger to an HTTP call in the above-mentioned flow of mine. And created another flow, with a Powerapps trigger, which will send the variables coming from Powerapps through the HTTP POST method with JSON objects. 
I think the Powerapps trigger has its own connection which has overwritten the default one. But this way, I have ensured that it will use the full access account when modifying the database.

I hope this might be useful for you guys. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (4,270)