Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diegoandre10
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Copy List items from one SP list to another SP list

Hi all

I have a Sharepoint list (called Productivity tracker) with existing items that I would like to move to another one that is empty (named ASEAN).

My intention would be to have the secondary sharepoint list (ASEAN) updated on a daily basis whenever items are created or updated on the original sharepoint list (productivity tracker)

I created a flow like this:

SO1.JPG

SO2.png

I got this error:

sadasa.JPG

how can I get it right?

thanks 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
kfulton
Frequent Visitor

Hi @diegoandre10,

I believe when you're passing the "List of items" into the for each element, you're passing it the list object and not each value within it. The should be a "value" field in the dynamic content drop-down that will allow the for each loop to iterate through the actual item values in your list. 

kfulton_0-1595627447648.png

Hope this helps!

Hi @kfulton 

It ran for 2:30 hours and failed:

sadssadas.JPG

tryrtytry.JPG

The error message says:

{
  "status"404,
  "message""Could not find list item.\r\nclientRequestId: 9b4a2581-4d67-446b-b23e-f8df18b6b551\r\nserviceRequestId: 9b4a2581-4d67-446b-b23e-f8df18b6b551"
}

Any idea what could be wrong?

I used the values you mentioned.

Thanks!

@diegoandre10 

The highlighted should be Value and not List of Items

Mira_Ghaly_0-1595676439640.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Hi @kfulton 

I used the values but still didnt work. The error message is the above I shared in the last message.

Here is the flow:

as.JPG

as1.JPG

Is there any flow template I could follow whenever a new item is created or updated on the original SP List to have the secondary updated too?

Thanks

@diegoandre10 Not sure if this is what's causing the error, but you shouldn't need the 2nd and 3rd "apply to each" functions, since the whole condition is inside the initial "apply to each." That should at least bring your run time down. You can also go into the "apply to each" settings, turn on concurrency, and increase the degree of parallelism to significantly decrease runtime. Let me know if that helps or if you still get an error message after removing the inner "apply to each" functions.

kfulton_0-1595861691263.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,474)