cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TejaswiniKandra

Copy Sharepoint list attachments to a sharepoint library using "Manual Trigger"

Hi,

I'm new to Flow and have just started to look at what it can do for me in my Job,

I'm looking for an option to take a SharePoint List attachment and move / copy it into a SharePoint Document Library using "Manual Trigger".

Can this be done in Flow? If anyone has any how to's that would be really helpful.

Thank you

Tejaswini

1 REPLY 1
Eric6
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

There are actions in Power Automate that allow you to work with attachments in a list. The first is the "Get attachments" action. You only specify the list and the ID of the item in it. Then you can go on with the "Get attachment content" action. As there can be multiple attachments to an item, this will automatically at a "for...each" container, so that you can act on the attachments individually. You can then use a "Create item" action on the receiving document library to copy all the attachments over. Just look for the official documentation of these actions.

You mentioned that the flow should be triggered manually. In this case, I think it's best done as an "instant flow" starting for the trigger "for a selected item" for SharePoint. This way you directly get the ID of the relevant item for which to copy over the attachments.

You can start your flow from the item menu in the list. Alongside open, edit and delete you also have "Power Automate" as an option there, and the name of your flow will show there once it has been turned on.

A different option is to put a button into a field of the list, so that you can start the flow from there. However, in any case you have to wait a little and confirm again that the flow should run.

Alternatively, you could also copy the attachments of all items, starting with the "Get items" action. This flow could then indeed be started manually, as there would be no specific item to select.

Best regards,

Eric

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (73,358)