cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Copy a file into another user's OneDrive

Is it possible to create a flow that when another user triggers the request, it will copy a Word document from Sharepoint into that user's OneDrive? I work in Education and want to create a "template" Word doc for students. It would great if the students could "request" a copy and it automatically creates a copy of that Word document into the student's OneDrive. If I share the Word doc as view-only then the only option the student has is to download the document. I know I could use Google and it would autosave in the student's Google Drive. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Copy a file into another user's OneDrive

Hi @ITSEDU.,

For you to be able to do that, you would need a connection to that person's OneDrive so that you could have permission to save it.

What you could do is share the Flow itself with the students. Then they would connect to their OneDrives and trigger individually when the file is changed or uploaded in the SharePoint site.

If you want to propagate the file on demand, then you should create a share link or include the file as an attachment in an email to the students.

I hope this helps.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (4,250)