cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Copy a planner task if the assigned person is in my team

I am using Teams and we have set up different teams for each project we are working on.  I also have a Team set up for my own group of direct reports.  What I want to do is copy tasks assigned to my group memebers whenever they are assigned a task in another Team

For eample:

Team Stark = my group of direct reports: "John, Sansa, Arya, Bran"

Team Westeros = a second team of which some of my direct reports are memebers

Team Essos = a thirdteam of which some of my direct reports are memebers

When someone in Team Essos assigns Arya a task ("train to be an assasin") I want to copy that task to Team Stark so I can keep track of it

When someone in Team Westeros assigns Arya a task ("defend Winterfell fron the Night King") I walso want that to show up in Team Stark

I wouldn't need to do this if there was a way to view all tasks assigned to my team across projects but I can only seem to see all tasks assigned to me across project and I'm trying to do a workaround

I can start a flow so that when a task is created in a particular team it copies.  but I want to use a control so that only tasks assigned to my team members are copied and not a task assigned to "Jamie".  I don't know how to check where the assigned person is in a particular group or not.   We are all Office365 users

Sorry for the GOT references but tis the season.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Copy a planner task if the assigned person is in my team

For this you'd likely want to Add a condition to a flow and Apply to Each. Basically, when a task is created, get the tasks, then get your Office 365 Group members, then compare the Value assignments assigned by User ID from Planner to the User Id of your Office 365 Group. If it matches, Create a taskWhenNewTaskCreatedToTeamCreateTask.PNG

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

For this you'd likely want to Add a condition to a flow and Apply to Each. Basically, when a task is created, get the tasks, then get your Office 365 Group members, then compare the Value assignments assigned by User ID from Planner to the User Id of your Office 365 Group. If it matches, Create a taskWhenNewTaskCreatedToTeamCreateTask.PNG

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for the quick response.  I didn't Office 365 Groups. I was trying to use Office 365 Users. 

I think this will work. 

Now if only there was away to keep the tasks synced across plans ... I guess I'll have to wait for that feature

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,955)