cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Copy an Outlook contact list / items to all mailboxes

Hello, 

We would to copy the global address list o other list of contact  (i.e. sharepoint list, or  Azure SQL DB table ecc) to ALL mailboxes contact folder.

Has anyone had experience or have any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Copy an Outlook contact list / items to all mailboxes

@andreagx 

Hi there!

I had an idea, but then re-read your post.  Do I understand correctly that you want to copy the Global Address List to every user's local contacts?

I'm not a totally technical expert, but it seems like you're trying to make the Global Address List...global?  I know I'm missing something, so maybe you could help me understand the intent behind the action.

Also, just in case, I found this article. It's old but seems like the premise is still accurate.

Thanks!

-Ed-

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply! 

Really not. The GAL was only for example. 

Suppose we have a certain user contact folder and we want to copy all this contacts into all other users contact folders in the tenant.

In flow "Get Contact" works fine but the real problem is writes or put the items read in a different mailbox respect to original connection

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Ah, ok...so you want to copy the contacts from (as an example) User1, to the local contacts of User2, User3, and so on, right?

Are you using D365 or any kind of a CRM that might do this already (wishful thinking, but thought I'd ask)?

How many users do you have and how often do you want to do this?

I imagine you could have Flow watch a folder for a csv (which you've exported from wherever), and when a new file is uploaded, maybe it triggers a PowerShell script to import that csv into each user's contacts folder

• import-contactlist -csv -csvdata ([system.io.file]::readallbytes("c:\test.csv")) -identity (where identity is the username being copied into...so you'd need to either run through each user using whatever the new-fangled equivalent of a FOR-NEXT loop is (am I showing my age?), or have a script with each user listed in succession.

What do you think?

If that doesn't sound fun, let us know and maybe we can come up with something else.

Thanks!

-Ed-

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@edgonzales wrote:

Ah, ok...so you want to copy the contacts from (as an example) User1, to the local contacts of User2, User3, and so on, right?

Yes, right

Are you using D365 or any kind of a CRM that might do this already (wishful thinking, but thought I'd ask)?

No CRM

How many users do you have and how often do you want to do this?

I imagine you could have Flow watch a folder for a csv (which you've exported from wherever), and when a new file is uploaded, maybe it triggers a PowerShell script to import that csv into each user's contacts folder

• import-contactlist -csv -csvdata ([system.io.file]::readallbytes("c:\test.csv")) -identity (where identity is the username being copied into...so you'd need to either run through each user using whatever the new-fangled equivalent of a FOR-NEXT loop is (am I showing my age?), or have a script with each user listed in succession.

What do you think?

If that doesn't sound fun, let us know and maybe we can come up with something else.

Could be an idea... but it's better to have an automated task. PS script can't schedulated because of the request for credentials to access the tenant.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Yep, totally get it!  My thought was to use Recurrence as a trigger, schedule that how you'd like.

And then use Flow to run a PowerShell script:

This article details running PowerShell on local (There's another one for Azure, if you need it)

This article explains how to use PS credentials without a prompt, maybe that will help.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks!

-Ed-

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,916)