cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabiogiallo
Frequent Visitor

Copy file and rename with details from sharepoint list

Good morning,

I have files in folder-A that are named after the items in a sharepoint list and I need to copy them into folder-B, adding to filename the category taken from the list, please see example below:

in folder-A the system create file "Item 1", when the file is created, I would like it to be copied to folder-B and saved as "Item 1 Cat-A" (the process to create the file in folder A is already in place, just need to know how to make the copy and rename)

My sharepoint List
TitleCategory
Item 1Cat-A
Item 2Cat-B
Item 3Cat-A
Item 4Cat-C
Item 5Cat-A

Note: I can set up the flow "when a file is created then copy to" but i miss the step in between to get the category into filename.

3 REPLIES 3
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@fabiogiallo 

You can make use of the Get Items action to fetch the details related to the items, from there you will be able to see the category name associated with each item.

For renaming the file or combining the putting the file name as combination of item name and category name you can make use of the concat() function where in you can pass both of these as input and it will produce the name.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up and mark solution as resolved

Sorry to be a pain, i am quite a beginner with flows, i think i should create some sort of condition (if filename is equal to  item title, then...) but all my attempts failed. Would you please show me step by step?

Thank you.

Hi, 

i tried this but, despite it has been tested ok, it doesn't create the copy at all.

fabiogiallo_0-1614787193596.pngfabiogiallo_1-1614787259589.png

any help? thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (47,060)