cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dogemaster
Level: Powered On

Copy file fails - Member 'Level' was not found

Hello,

I'm trying to copy a file from one site to another site, and this fails.
The information about where the file is located comes with an HTTP Post message. I've checked that the file exists in the right location and that the Flow has rights to read the sites.

The file is a normal page (.apsx) file, and should be copied from /SitePages library to another /SitePages library.

I had this working on my dev tenant, but now it fails: Member 'Level' was not found.

I'm not sure what this means...

1.PNGcapture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Appreciate any thoughts and answers

11 REPLIES 11
dogemaster

Re: Copy file fails - Member 'Level' was not found

Member 'Level' was not found. CallStack --    at System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo.GetElement(String name, Type& foundType)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo.GetByte(String name)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.UploadFileData(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid fileId, SPResourcePath filePath, FileInfo fileInfo, String fileValue, Int32 authorId, String authorLoginName, Int32 editorId, String editorLoginName, String checkinComment, DateTime timeCreated, DateTime timeLastModified, MetaInfoHandler metaInfo, Int32 iVersion, Boolean isFirstVersion, Int32 listItemId, String listInternalName, Boolean hasNoExecuteFlag, ImportObjectManager objectManager, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.UploadFileData(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid id, SPResourcePath filePath, Boolean fileExistsInDb, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelperListitem, MetaInfoHandler metaInfo, StreamingContext context)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.CreateOrUpdateFile(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid id, SPResourcePath& filePath, Boolean fileExistsInDb, Boolean isFirstVersion, Boolean hasWebParts, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelperListitem, StreamingContext context)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.CreateOrUpdateFileVersions(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid id, SPResourcePath& fileUrl, Boolean fileExistsInDb, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, StreamingContext context)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.CreateOrUpdateFileAndAssocData(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid id, SPResourcePath& filePath, Boolean fileExistsInDb, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelperListitem, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.AddOrUpdateDoclibItem(SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SPListItem& listItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid newId, SPResourcePath& listItemServerRelativePath, Boolean bIsPublish, Boolean exists, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector, LoggerStatistics stats)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.SetObjectData(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)
clientRequestId: e400ffca-3ccb-4a7b-a773-772d5a2636cc
serviceRequestId: 2d91ad9e-a05c-7000-6ed5-f380b77120ed
dogemaster

If i move file instead of copy it works............ 
And after reading the documentations it seems like Copy and Move file uses the same parameters.
WEIRD.

Cat Sad Smiley Indifferent

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dogemaster,

Could you try again with it? Are you still having the issue?

It seems that there was some issue with action Copy file. I have made another test and it is working for me now.

Please take another try and feel free post back if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ukwuegwu

having same issue here too!

dogemaster

I tried again, but now I also get the metadata for the file just in case... 

11.PNG

22.PNG

But it still fails unfortunately (same error message as before), even though I use the dynamic Path value.
If I use ID it also fails with same error.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dogemaster,

Please try to use dynamic content File identifier for the File to copy field.

1.PNG

What’s the previous action of Copy file?

From which action do you get the dynamic content ID for the File to copy field?

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dogemaster

Unfortunately I can't access the "file identifier" because I use the get metadata and get file properties, and none of these return the identifier.

The ID I get from the "get metadata" action. Looks like this:

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

dogemaster

4.PNG

When it worked it was like this, using filepath. I had it working 2 weeks ago, 19 desember actually.

dogemaster

movefile.PNGmovefile2.PNG

When I use the exactly same values with "Move file" it works normally.
There must be something wrong with the "Copy file" action, at least copying from one site collection to another site collection.
Even when I hardcode it like this it shows the same error message:
hardcode.PNG

Could it be something about the state of the aspx file?

dogemaster

IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING NOW. WHAT HAS HAPPENED????  Cat Surprised Cat Happy

dogemaster

works.PNGSuccessworks2.PNGFlow

It worked on Friday, but now it doesn't seem like it works anymore...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,531)