cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djw1005
Helper I
Helper I

Copy file from one sharepoint tenant to another tenant

I am wanting to copy files between two sharepoint libraries that are in different tenants. I have so far created a flow that detects when a file is created or updated on one side, it then takes the content of the file and creates the file on the other tenant, but it seems to create the file but with no content.

Any ideas of another way

Much Appreciated

DW

5 REPLIES 5
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

HI @djw1005 

Can you please share a screenshot of the flow you have created? Are you using the get file content action to get the file and using the create file action to create the new file in the other tenant? 

Capture.JPG

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@djw1005 

Can you please check and confirm what is the content of the file on which you are triggering this flow?

Edit: Just putting the file content in the email id will not get the actual file content, instead it will be of form binary coded string. 

It will work on the create file action though. 

Hope this Helps!

The file content doesn't work at all as I thing it should. It's not pulling in the content of the word file

Dear zxxxx

xxxx

xxx

for example

santhosh_vm

My issue is on similar lines. I am able to copy the file from one site to another site and want to capture the root site name. We are sending the email to the approver and they want to know from where the content or page is copied. Is it possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,521)