cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Petr_Marek
Regular Visitor

Copy files between several folders

Hello,

i have issue with copy files between several folders.

I have structure like the picture

folders.png

I made flow that copy files from 04_OUTPUTS to 99_SHARED\OUTPUTS. It is OK.

I made next flow that copy files from 99_SHARED\OUTPUTS to 04_OUTPUTS\00_TEMP also when files are created or modified.

I have problem when I create or modify file in folder 04_OUTPUTS. This file will copy to 99_SHARED\OUTPUTS but also to 04_OUTPUTS\00_TEMP. I need to copy only new or changed files from SHARED folder to TEMP not files which were copy from 04_OUTPUTS without changes.

I did not find any condition for this situation.

Can you recomend me please ?

Petr Marek

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Petr_Marek,

Which connector do you use within your flow?

Could you please share a screenshot of your flows’ configuration?

I think there is something issue with the trigger in your flow. When you create a file in 04_OUTPUTS folder, your first flow would run and create the file in 99_SHARED\OUTPUTS folder, then your second flow would be triggered automatically, because a new file (copied file in first flow) is created in 99_SHARED\OUTPUTS folder. Finally, the second flow executed successfully and create the file in 04_OUTPUTS\00_TEMP folder.

Please check if there is “file modified” trigger (“When a file is modified” trigger) of the connector that you use, if it has, please consider take a try to change “When files are created or modified” trigger of your second flow into “When a file is modified” trigger.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Kris,

I made two flows.

First one is to copy from OUT to SHARED ..

FLOW_1.png

Secont one for copy from SHARED to OUT\TMP ...

FLOW_2.png

Thanks'

Petr Marek

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,274)