cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkosh
Frequent Visitor

Copy list item into folder on another destination list

Hello,

I have two lists, a destination list which has been setup with a folder for each users with special permissions applied; the second list is used to collect requests from users, with the goal of moving the item to the destination list to the correct folder, depending on the user that created the item.

My flow now successfully identifies the correct folder in the destination list, but i can't find a way of creating the item in the folder - the action just creates it at the root of the list. At suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

MK

1 REPLY 1
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Folders are not supported in the out of the box actions for lists, lists are generally not used with folders although there are some use cases like yours where it is handy.

The REST API does not support creating list items inside folders.

You can see some discussion here: https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/218353/how-to-add-list-item-inside-a-folder-using-res...

They recommend to try and create the list item and then do some rest call's to move the item.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Users online (2,695)