cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Copy or move a file based on share link

I have created a form and workflow to submit a request. In this, I get the end user to share the supporting documents from their Onedrive for Business. For audit purposes, I would like to make a copy of that file in a SharePoint Document library. Has anyone done this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

If you have a working Flow that accomplishes what you need, just add a step(s) to your Flow to copy the document(s) to a SharePoint Library.

@Chakkaradeep has a great blog post entitled, Copy or move files from/to SharePoint using Microsoft Flow, that steps you through the exact process you would need to add the additional steps to your Flow. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

If you have a working Flow that accomplishes what you need, just add a step(s) to your Flow to copy the document(s) to a SharePoint Library.

@Chakkaradeep has a great blog post entitled, Copy or move files from/to SharePoint using Microsoft Flow, that steps you through the exact process you would need to add the additional steps to your Flow. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GavinMc ,

Could you share the details of the file-sharing link? Whether it is created using Flow or other generation methods.

As far as I know, if you only rely on the sharing link of the file, you can't get the properties of the corresponding file and File content.

Please provide more details.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi,

The file is shared via Onedrive, and the link is provided in a form (capture information of the request). I've also seen that with the link, you can not get file information.

Highlighted

Thank you for your reply. I've seen that post already, but it didn't work for my issue. I have the share link of a file shared in Onedrive, but in Flow, I can't get the file's properties or details using the link. So I'm stumped at the beginning step unfortuantely. Do you know of any way to get the file details from a share link from Onedrive? If I can get this then I can use the process as explained.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,505)