cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dh79

Copying Data from a recently created Excel File to a Master Excel File

Hi

Every morning, a new Excel File is created, and saved in my OneDrive Folder.  This Excel File contains five tables with alarm information, all the information from each table, is manually copied over into a Master File, which has the same table names but holds all the historic data, to be able to identify trends.

I would like to create some form a flow, whereby I can copy the data from this newly created file every morning, and paste this data into the Master File.

I've been looking at various ideas already suggested, such as using the "When File is created template" and then using "List Rows Present in a Table", however hit a brick wall trying to get the data added to the Master File.

Is anyone able to potentially assist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@dh79 this is how your flow would look like, schedule it to run daily and then build it like this.

jinivthakkar_0-1623235194797.png

This block would read 1 table and add rows to your master table, you will have such blocks for each table. For e.g. if you have 4 tables to read and add rows in master table you will have such 4 blocks.

Hope this helps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@dh79 before you start you need to check if the master data excel and the data excel that you receive have a table structure, if yes than you can try. If the data is not in a table then its not possible, if the data is in table then you can try I am not sure but there would still be a chance. Table to be read/write should be in table in all sheets.

jinivthakkar_1-1623168169127.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@jinivthakkar Thanks for your time.

Yes both the master and daily excel files, have exactly the same table structure.

dh79_1-1623169667086.png

neerajsu
Helper I
Helper I

This seems like a trivial problem. Have you tried using "Add a row to an excel table" action? Here's a youtube video explaining how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbYGFIo0WGc

jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@dh79 this is how your flow would look like, schedule it to run daily and then build it like this.

jinivthakkar_0-1623235194797.png

This block would read 1 table and add rows to your master table, you will have such blocks for each table. For e.g. if you have 4 tables to read and add rows in master table you will have such 4 blocks.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

@jinivthakkar  Thanks very much for this it’s certainly done the trick.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,939)