cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Copying File error 400 Member 'Level' was not found

Hi guys, this was probably tackled before and I have searched but found very little to actually help on this one so any help would be fantastic. The Flow is supposed to copy the file but it returns an error 400 with message:

Bad Request:

Member 'Level' was not found.

Photos uploading not working on this post specifically, figure that one out (just my rotten luck)
I specifically created a test Flow for this and it ONLY has:
`For a selected File`
`get file properties`
`Copy file`

Copying file setup:
Current Site Address:              sharepoint.com/sites/test
File to copy:                             Identifier (from `get file properties`)
Destination Site Address:        sharepoint.com/sites/test
Destination Folder:                  /TestingLibrary
if another file is already there: Copy...
Note that the file is originally in a library called DevLibrary and is being copied to TestingLibrary.

Any help or solution would be great
8 REPLIES 8
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous:

Please post a screenshot of your Flow as that will make it much easier to assist.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

2019-01-08 12_33_38-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

Reminder that 'Identifier' is from get file properties and had a value of: 'In%2bDev%2bPolicies%252fDemo%2bDocument.docx'

@Anonymous:

I don't see anything obvious that is wrong with your Flow.

Does this error occur on all files that you select?

Does the content type in the source library exist in the destination library?

Can you post a screen shot of a Flow run - specifically can you post a screen shot of where the error occurred and the error description?

Scott

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

2019-01-08 16_40_44-Run History _ Microsoft Flow.png

The error message:

Member 'Level' was not found. CallStack --    at System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo.GetElement(String name, Type& foundType)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo.GetByte(String name)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.UploadFileData(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid fileId, SPResourcePath filePath, FileInfo fileInfo, String fileValue, Int32 authorId, String authorLoginName, Int32 editorId, String editorLoginName, String checkinComment, DateTime timeCreated, DateTime timeLastModified, MetaInfoHandler metaInfo, Int32 iVersion, Boolean isFirstVersion, Int32 listItemId, String listInternalName, Boolean hasNoExecuteFlag, ImportObjectManager objectManager, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.UploadFileData(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid id, SPResourcePath filePath, Boolean fileExistsInDb, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelperListitem, MetaInfoHandler metaInfo, StreamingContext context)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.CreateOrUpdateFile(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid id, SPResourcePath& filePath, Boolean fileExistsInDb, Boolean isFirstVersion, Boolean hasWebParts, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelperListitem, StreamingContext context)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.CreateOrUpdateFileVersions(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid id, SPResourcePath& fileUrl, Boolean fileExistsInDb, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, StreamingContext context)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.CreateOrUpdateFileAndAssocData(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid id, SPResourcePath& filePath, Boolean fileExistsInDb, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelperListitem, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.AddOrUpdateDoclibItem(SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SPListItem& listItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid newId, SPResourcePath& listItemServerRelativePath, Boolean bIsPublish, Boolean exists, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector, LoggerStatistics stats)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.SetObjectData(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)
clientRequestId: e3f4eb69-55f2-4527-81ae-e15c28fa03be
serviceRequestId: 4719b49e-60c8-7000-9c11-1d94a2e6cd1b

It seems like most newly uploaded file worked but this error remains for a fair bit of .docx
I also verified earlier than both libraries actually share columns imported from the site rather than have individual types and they have almost identical columns (the second library has more columns but they are absent in the first)

@Anonymous:

I have had similar issues if the libraries are not identical.  I could never figure out why......

I usually work around these issues by using a create file action rather than a copy file action:

CreateFile.jpg 

You'll need to follow-up with an update file properties action to set the values of the columns.

If this answers your question, please mark your post as solved.

Scott

Scott

Hi @Anonymous,

My flow would always works well when copy file from a folder to another folder.

Have you take a try with @ScottShearer's solution to use the "Create file" action instead of "Copy file" action to achieve the requirement?

Best regards,

Alice

GabrielStJohn
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, @Anonymous!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yuazh-msft‘s or @ScottShearer's recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

dogemaster
Helper III
Helper III

Hello @Anonymous

Been having the same issues with copy file, have not found the cause or even see a pattern in when and why the errors are occuring.
I have no explanation sorry.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,633)