cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ishraqiyun77
Resolver I
Resolver I

Copying a Solution so another user can edit the Flows independently of your work

I have a Solution I want to make a copy of so another user can work on and modify it independently of what I'm doing.

It has been a couple months since I made a copy of the Solution for them. I honestly don't remember the steps I took it has been so long. I know the "Clone" option didn't seem to do what I wanted and it was kind of a pain even duplicating the Solution.

Ultimately, there are two copies:

• App Integration - Dev 1 (me)
  • App Integration - Dev 2 (them)

I'm finding the changes I make show up in theirs; changes they make in theirs show up in mine. The work needs to be independent. I built the foundation (common reusable child Flows) and now we are both working on integrations based on that those foundational Flows independently. 

How do I properly export/clone this Solution to achieve this?

EDIT: I just realized the UUIDs are the same for the Flows... so basically the Solution is just a folder name that links to these unique Flows. So:

Is there an option to copy/duplicate/clone a Solution and have it automatically make copies of the Flows? How should I be duplicating these Flows and adding to their Solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ishraqiyun77
Resolver I
Resolver I

This question has two solutions:

1. Exporting the Solution and modifying the JSON and XML files.
  2. Using the API and curl or Postman. You can use translate on this page for a step-by-step if you don't know German.

It is incredibly asinine that Microsoft doesn't have a native and efficient way of doing this. Either route above is more time consuming than it needs to be, especially if what you are cloning references Child Flows.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ishraqiyun77
Resolver I
Resolver I

This question has two solutions:

1. Exporting the Solution and modifying the JSON and XML files.
  2. Using the API and curl or Postman. You can use translate on this page for a step-by-step if you don't know German.

It is incredibly asinine that Microsoft doesn't have a native and efficient way of doing this. Either route above is more time consuming than it needs to be, especially if what you are cloning references Child Flows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,879)