cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCMCCAUGHEY
Helper I
Helper I

Copying an entire OneNote notebook on SharePoint to a folder on the same site.

The subject pretty much describes what I'm trying to do. I'd like to setup a Monthly copy of a OneNote Book hosted on my SharePoint site to a different folder on SharePoint

I have a team of about 60 people that read and write to the same book in different tabs they break things occasionally and we lose whole weeks or sections of data. I'd like to just have a running copies to restore from. 

I just didn't see a template to complete this, and I didn't see a way to point to the the notebook. I'm just curious if it's even a possibility. I've done a fair amount of googling and haven't found what I'm looking for. 

2 REPLIES 2
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @CCMCCAUGHEY ,

I don't have a OneNote notebook handy but if its stored within a folder of a library, have you tried either using the Copy Folder or Copy File action?  You could create a scheduled flow that does a nightly backup/copy.

ericcheng_1-1632098959291.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

I need to play with it some more I guess. It doesn't show up as a file. Maybe it has something to do with how I set it up on SharePoint. I have 20 people on it at any given time so I'm reluctant to move it. I'll just make a test doc and try moving it around with the move folder. 

The long term goal is to make quarterly copies so that if someone breaks the formatting modifies information etc I can just restore back to within a month or a quarter. There is a ton of tabs and pages sometimes if someone messes a page up I wont realize it has happened until weeks/months after the fact. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,470)