cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Copying and configuring Flow to another Site Address has changed the Statuses of ALL my list items to "Pending"

Hey Everyone,

I am a bit frustrated here trying to figure this out... I am not entire sure what happened but I can determine the Flow has something to do with it.

I had a Flow set up and running that interfaces with lists on a hub site that I use for testing web parts. When I was ready to move to production, I made a copy of this same Flow and changed the Site Addresses and List Names to the ones on the production hub site. This was done yesterday and I have not turned on the Flow until around midday today...

When I visited the production site today to test out the Flow, I see that all the fields under my "Status" column are set to "Pending".... When I checked the "Modified By" and "Modified" fields on this SharePoint List, they state Modified By: HR (which is the service account i'm using for the Flow) and Modified: Yesterday at 3:33PM (which, if I can recall correctly, was the time I completed changing over the Flow to the production site lists). 

The horrible thing is, all these list items are past data that has been processed already, but now, since the statuses were tampered with, I have no idea which were approved, rejected or pending.... I guess the good thing is that, only the data in the "Status" column has been changed...

Has this happened to anyone? OR does anyone have an explanation as to why this has happened? I really need advice with figuring out how to do a rollback or something to get those status values back to what they were.... Please help me... Looking forward to responses...😅

Thank you very much...

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Copying and configuring Flow to another Site Address has changed the Statuses of ALL my list items to "Pending"

@Y_R one of the actions that's very important before doing anything with a flow that changes list data is to export the All Items view with all columns to Excel. There is no rollback with Power Automate so the export is crucial to ensure you can retrieve previous list item values. Unless you have got versioning set up on the list you won't be able to get the list back to the state it was in before the flow ran.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,616)