cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rip-ic

Copying and renaming a recurring PowerPoint deck

Hey all,

Very novice, brand new P.A user here - hoping someone can help with this!

I have a PowerPoint deck that I send out every week to some colleagues, which they populate with high-level info, which is then provided to some Execs via Teams. We then archive the previous weeks deck in a Teams folder (which is, obviously, connected to a SharePoint site that I use intermittently).

I would like to know:

1. On a scheduled date, can P.A automatically copy the most recent PPT deck, and rename it with the current weeks Friday date?

2. Can it then store it in our archive, as well as then pinning the created deck in our Teams Files tab?

3. If possible, can I also rename the title slide + can I add a blank shape to each slide with some text contained within it?

Basically, create and copy deck > update dates > add graphics to a part of each slide > archive previous weeks deck.

Thank you so much!

1 REPLY 1
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@rip-ic 

You can easily copy, rename and save any file in Power Automate.  However, there is no connector available in a cloud Flow.  You might consider using a Desktop Flow to update the slides (requires a premium license).

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,853)